GWO Basic Technical Training Mechanical
Basic Course Informations
In accordance with GWO
Validity of the certificate for this course: no prescribed validity
GWO BTT Mechanical
EUR 525.00 plus VAT
EUR 624.75 incl. VAT
2 days / 16 lessons
The GWO Basic Technical Training was developed to teach basic knowledge of wind turbine technology. The BTT modules mechanics, hydraulics and electrics are aimed at inexperienced service personnel to train them in dealing with electrical, hydraulic and mechanical systems and rules of behaviour in the event of faults and accidents to prepare for onshore and offshore work in the wind energy sector.
- Main components, mechanical systems and the basic operation of wind turbines
- Risks and hazards associated with mechanics
- Principles of bolted and welded connections and their inspection
- Practical skills to use manual tightening and measuring tools
- Correct use of hydraulic torque and tensioning tools
- Principles of a gearbox
- Function and inspection of the brake systems
- Function and inspection of the yaw system
- Function and inspection of the cooling system
- Function and inspection of the lubrication system
The GWO Basic Technical Training modules are aimed at wind energy personnel with little or no experience in hydraulics, mechanics or electrical engineering.
6 to 12 persons
A certificate will be awarded on successful completion of the course and an entry made in the participant’s safety pass.
The validity of the certificate is unlimited.